Repairs Coordinator & Stores Assistant
Monday – Friday (40hrs pw)
Working hours are between 8.30am and 5pm
Occasionally out of hours stores coverage may be requested, this will be discussed and confirmed by your Line manager in advance.
The role of Repairs Coordinator & Stores Assistant is responsible for,
list of duties will include but are not limited to:
• Process Unserviceable parts from all Castle Air facilities paying particular attention to part numbers, serial numbers, and shelf-life items
• Work with the aircraft teardown team to ensure material is processed correctly and stored in the Serviceable, Unserviceable and Scrap areas
• Contact repair facilities for quotes, process all repair orders and organise shipping
• Scrap parts as per the scraping procedure
• Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department, including keeping all areas clean and tidy.
• To cover all general duties of the Store’s Operatives during leave and sickness periods.
• Stock check and tracking of parts
• Work with other Castle Air departments to ensure smooth operation of the business.
• Complete all tasks as specified in an efficient and compliant manner ensuring that safety matters are always considered and adhered to as defined by the safety manuals.
• Maintaining the integrity of the company’s software management systems through correct data entry as required.
Castle Air Liskeard, PL14 3PX
40 Hours per week
8.30am to 5.00pm
Competitive Salary (£19-£21k pa)
Ramp Services with Maintenance responsibilities
Monday – Friday (40hrs pw) to ensure we have full rotational coverage in all eventualities and on call weekend work. Operational hours are between 6am and 9pm with a shift pattern determined by the HOD.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
• Helicopter towing and ground handling
• Aircraft refuelling
• Aircraft cleaning
• General hanger maintenance and cleaning
• GSE equipment care and maintenance
• General driving duties in company vehicles
• Manage outside Facility and general maintenance work, including gardening as required
• Manual assistance for engineering requirements
• Work with other Castle Air Departments to ensure smooth operation of the business
• Manage all assets for security, Fire Systems and Environmental systems
• Ensuring that the basic features such as water and heating are maintained
• Carrying out maintenance on all GSE Vehicles and support equipment
• Ensuring main hangar doors are maintained and kept in full working order
Biggin Hill, TN16 3BN
Monday to Friday
Shifts between 6am and 9pm
40 Hours per week
Rotational weekend coverage – Overtime paid
Deputy Head of Safety and Compliance
Full Time Role based at Biggin Hill reporting to the Head of Safety and Compliance
Nominated Deputy for all approvals for the Safety and Compliance / Quality roles
Regular travel to Company bases and customer / sub-contract sites required to undertake audits and other duties
Competitive Salary based on experience
Employee Benefit package available – includes enhanced holidays and work place pension contributions.
- To be the Nominated Deputy for all approvals for the Safety and Compliance / Quality roles and to stand in for the Head of Safety and Compliance in their absence
- To be the Safety Manager for the Company and to manage the responses to occurrences and monitor hazards and risks
- Work with the Head of Safety and Compliance to build a positive safety and compliance culture across the Company
- Helping with the management and administration of Centrik and any other safety and compliance IT systems
- To undertake audits across all approvals and at all required locations and to manage the process of the review and actions associated with findings
- To interface with external auditors and accompany external auditors during their audits as required and to support Managers in their responses to any external findings
- Attending internal and external meetings as the safety and compliance representative when required
- Identifying areas for improvement within the safety and compliance department and across the Company to improve safety, compliance, performance and efficiency
- Helping with the development and update of Safety and Compliance documentation
- Helping with the review of documentation and its issue through Centrik
- Helping with the approval of Providers
- Helping with the review and issue of Maintenance Authorisations and other training certificates
- Reviewing and supporting Part 66 licence applications
- Experience as a Safety & Compliance / Quality Manager within a CAA approved organisation, ideally across both operational and maintenance approvals
- Good working knowledge of CAA Regulatory Requirements
- Qualified Auditor
- Ability to develop a positive safety and compliance culture across operations and maintenance, including supporting staff and managers with their safety and compliance responsibilities
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proactive approach to management and communication through all levels of company personnel and with external stakeholders
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and with customers and sub-contractors
- Experienced in the use of MS Project, Excel, Word and Powerpoint, ideally with experience of Centrik or similar system, such as Q Pulse
Continuing Airworthiness Manager
- UK Part CAMO Post Holder
- ARC Signatory
A successful candidate will:
- Report into the Accountable Manager and manage a team spread across our UK bases.
- Good working knowledge of Part M / CAMO / 145 / IOMAR / OTAR regulations and its application to monitoring Continuing Airworthiness.
- At least 5 years of experience in continuing airworthiness and acquired an appropriate licence in compliance with Annex (III) Part-66 or an aeronautical degree or a national equivalent. (This may be replaced with 5 years of experience in continuing airworthiness additional to the initial 5 years)
- Strong leader with good communication skills
Operations Assistant Job
We are looking to expand our Operations Department at Biggin Hill Airport to assist with our growing business needs within an exciting and fast paced industry.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for overseeing the daily operational flying programme and coordinating with each of the company’s departments as needed to ensure the safe operation of every flight while providing the best possible service to our customers. This position involves proactively planning Helicopter flights across the UK as well as Central Europe for new and existing clients, within a diverse company working across various events for differing customers. The candidate will be based at our Biggin Hill Airport facility reporting directly to the Head of Operations.
This role requires exceptional relationship management and customer service skills, as well as a high level of time management and attention to detail which, in turn, will support the professional service that Castle Air strives to provide.
Monitor the daily flying programme, build and prepare schedules and actively flight follow.
Flight Plan according to Operations Manual, procedures and regulations including Crewing within the company’s FTL Scheme, considering safety amongst all.
Coordinate with the CAMO and Maintenance departments concerning scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance requirements.
Manage Handling, Permits (If applicable) and Third Party services related to existing and future flights.
Evaluate and initiate the company Emergency Response Plan.
Proactively improve personal, technical and company knowledge by speaking to colleagues, department managers and external professional whilst adhering to group wide policies and core values.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Operations.
Education & Experience
Experience in an Aviation Operations environment is desirable but not essential.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
Scheduling experience or experience in an Operational / coordinator role is advantageous
The Candidate will need a fast paced, flexible work ethic with the ability to adapt to changing schedules and requirements of our business and Clients.
Have the ability to plan and prioritise workloads with a meticulous attention to detail.
Must be detail oriented and able to work productively, independently as well as within a team.
Excellent oral and written skills including being a strong and confident communicator with positive interpersonal skills.
Have a high level of professionalism and the ability to interact with a diverse range of clientele with a self-motivated work approach.
Must possess the legal ability to work in the United Kingdom.
Must have a full UK Driving license.
Please forward CV to email@example.com