Safety & Compliance Monitoring Manager
Biggin Hill Airport London
The Safety and Compliance Monitoring Manager (S&CMM) is the principal aviation safety and compliance advisor to the company’s Accountable Manager and assists with compliance and regulatory matters in support of all of the company’s aviation Approvals held, including the AOC and ATO.
The S&CMM is also a primary point of contact between Castle Air and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) when dealing with safety and regulatory matters.
Key Safety Management responsibilities include:-
- Hazard identification, risk analysis and management including conducting and reviewing assessments for new activities.
- Classifying and investigating hazard and occurrence reports in a timely manner, and assigning mitigating/corrective actions as appropriate.
- Chairing regular flight safety meetings (Safety Review Board and Safety Action Group), and providing regular reports on safety performance.
- Fostering and promoting a company-wide commitment to flight safety and Just Culture.
Key Compliance Monitoring Management responsibilities include:-
- Maintaining a Compliance Monitoring System covering EASA Part-ORA, Part-ORO, Part-FCL, Part-CAT, CAP371 and CAP789 and any associated approvals.
- Ensuring all aviation-related policies, processes, procedures and manuals comply with UK law and associated regulations.
- Ensuring that all employees comply with policies, processes, procedures and manuals.
- Conducting regular company-wide audits as detailed in the company’s Compliance Monitoring Manual audit schedule.
The role is based at London Biggin Hill Airport however travel between the company’s other sites and subsidiary companies is required.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following criteria:-
- Must be acceptable to the CAA and pass a Form 4 interview.
- Have sound knowledge of aviation regulations and standards.
- Apply and utilise various IT devices, systems, programmes and software – experience using the Centrik software system is advantageous.
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude within the role.
Additional training can be provided for the successful candidate if required.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com