Deputy Head of Safety and Compliance
Full Time Role based at Biggin Hill reporting to the Head of Safety and Compliance
Nominated Deputy for all approvals for the Safety and Compliance / Quality roles
Regular travel to Company bases and customer / sub-contract sites required to undertake audits and other duties
Competitive Salary based on experience
Employee Benefit package available – includes enhanced holidays and work place pension contributions.
- To be the Nominated Deputy for all approvals for the Safety and Compliance / Quality roles and to stand in for the Head of Safety and Compliance in their absence
- To be the Safety Manager for the Company and to manage the responses to occurrences and monitor hazards and risks
- Work with the Head of Safety and Compliance to build a positive safety and compliance culture across the Company
- Helping with the management and administration of Centrik and any other safety and compliance IT systems
- To undertake audits across all approvals and at all required locations and to manage the process of the review and actions associated with findings
- To interface with external auditors and accompany external auditors during their audits as required and to support Managers in their responses to any external findings
- Attending internal and external meetings as the safety and compliance representative when required
- Identifying areas for improvement within the safety and compliance department and across the Company to improve safety, compliance, performance and efficiency
- Helping with the development and update of Safety and Compliance documentation
- Helping with the review of documentation and its issue through Centrik
- Helping with the approval of Providers
- Helping with the review and issue of Maintenance Authorisations and other training certificates
- Reviewing and supporting Part 66 licence applications
- Experience as a Safety & Compliance / Quality Manager within a CAA approved organisation, ideally across both operational and maintenance approvals
- Good working knowledge of CAA Regulatory Requirements
- Qualified Auditor
- Ability to develop a positive safety and compliance culture across operations and maintenance, including supporting staff and managers with their safety and compliance responsibilities
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proactive approach to management and communication through all levels of company personnel and with external stakeholders
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and with customers and sub-contractors
- Experienced in the use of MS Project, Excel, Word and Powerpoint, ideally with experience of Centrik or similar system, such as Q Pulse
Repairs Co-ordinator & Stores Assistant
Monday – Friday (40hrs pw)
Working hours are between 8.30am and 5pm
Location – Liskeard, Cornwall
Occasionally out of hours stores coverage may be requested, this will be discussed and confirmed by your Line manager in advance.
The role of Repairs Coordinator & Stores Assistant is responsible for,
list of duties will include but are not limited to:
• Process Unserviceable parts from all Castle Air facilities paying particular attention to part numbers, serial numbers, and shelf-life items
• Work with the aircraft teardown team to ensure material is processed correctly and stored in the Serviceable, Unserviceable and Scrap areas
• Contact repair facilities for quotes, process all repair orders and organise shipping
• Scrap parts as per the scraping procedure
• Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department, including keeping all areas clean and tidy.
• To cover all general duties of the Store’s Operatives during leave and sickness periods.
• Stock check and tracking of parts
• Work with other Castle Air departments to ensure smooth operation of the business.
• Complete all tasks as specified in an efficient and compliant manner ensuring that safety matters are always considered and adhered to as defined by the safety manuals.
• Maintaining the integrity of the company’s software management systems through correct data entry as required.
Castle Air Liskeard, PL14 3PX
40 Hours per week
8.30am to 5.00pm
Competitive Salary (£19-£21k pa)
Please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org